I have some questions…especially about your strengths…
1. writing begets more writing…why is that a strength?
Well because you wanted me to write. For some reason it’s also a tad theraputic it beats wanting to crop someone nearby or work out so intensely at the gym you look like your an extra in a Vin Diesel film. (the sweat…it does a body and can make a body look good…plus it can hide wrinkels)
What benefit does it have? What does it mean to you? In what instance did it provide you with something that strength came out of?
Thinking you mean writing here….Okay the benefit of it…me seeing things as an outsider looking in. (once it’s out like a burp you forget about it not that I burp much in fact I’ve burped officially twice this year and I remember it because it makes me laugh and giggle and it’s gross and I I can’t imagine people burping the alphabet) ALSO seeing things as they are black and white. I don’t especially wish to go back and reflect on my week, I got thru it, turn the page new chapter….new opportunities for more.
An instance….good lord. *complete brain malfunction* I’m at a loss here. An instance…..Okay I have one when I couldn’t sleep one night I actually thought about writing in here and sort of mentally did (this kept me from sleeping) however I realized the next morning after I woke up I had to re-write all over so DON’T Do that T…..just do it at the time. In other words I think I looked forward to writing whatever was in my head and getting that OUT. Sia-nara!!!!
2. You’re stronger than you think you are. Give an example from this week…why do you say that? Well because I carried that ladder over my head ….um lets see emotionally because I feel it. Writing it sort of brings truth to it. Since I always speak my mind god help you all) and bite my tongue when I can’t say anything nice….(which is rare and takes tremendous effort)
3. I am busy. does that mean your strength is to be ambitious? focused or what…relate it to a concrete example.
I guess it means I’m thankful to be busy. Its better than not being busy I have problems with sitting idle. I’m ambitious but since I have no real direction in which to focus on – a nudge I suppose from anywhere but my poor brain which is often said to be ‘flighty’ and whimsical and but anyway thats by that one not normal guy….
4. I am interesting…(yes you are…smile) but how is that a strength? Because I’m not boring? I’m not into overly vanilla taking kids to soccer practice, bbq’ing sunday dinners. I’m into unique dancing, unique reading and unique dressing….unfortunately this also leaves me to be a little different and a tad lonely because no one else is like me nearby – or tolerates it much.
5. I like sex prefer it being with someone…how is that a strength? Because most women have a strange view of sex. They repress themselves, they don’t share and they’re missing out.
Definition of STRENGTH (ahem according to the Merriam webster dictionary)
1: the quality or state of being strong : capacity for exertion or endurance
4: legal, logical, or moral force
5: degree of potency of effect or of concentration <chili peppers in varying
6: force as measured in numbers : effective numbers of any body or organization <an army at full strength>
one regarded as embodying or affording force or firmness : support
<you are my love and my strength
8: maintenance of or a rising tendency in a price level : firmness of prices <the strength of the dollar>
Your assignment is to look up the dictionary definition of strength, and then weakness.
Definition of WEAKNESS
1: the quality or state of being weak; also : an instance or period of being weak <backed down in a moment of weakness>
a special desire or fondness <has a weakness
3b : an object of special desire or fondness <pizza is my weakness>
1. I need to ask for help more. (excellent insight by the way)
2. I like sex and need my ass thrashed. why would you think that is a weakness, unless of course “needing ANYTHING” is a weakness?
3.I don’t have enough confidence in myself. (excellent!)
4. I don’t like reflecting on myself. This can be a weakness because without targeted self appraisal, you can never act effectively/logically. This also has to do with fear…of what you will find if you look too deeply.
what you’ve learned:
1. slow down…costing your body. (and just what are you running so hard from…I propose that your inner thoughts are driving you to try to block them out by being busy…remember you are a human BEING, not a human DOING.) I’ve heard you get serene…and the merrygoround in your head slows down.
Oh… hmmm it sounds ok But….I’m a do’er. I can’t slow down it makes me nuts. I’m naturally antsy…energetic. Think of a small puppy….I prefer to slow down for an hour a day. via yoga or working out….even napping is 15-20 minutes if I nap. I will slow down when I croak I’m thinking. I don’t know my dad is the same way. He’s still alive…
2..Can only make progress in small increments…yes indeed…
3. Affirmations help. They do…and are an excellent tool…bravo!
*sheepish grin thanks*
4. I am hungry for more. appetite/lust for life isn’t a bad thing…but if it controls you it can be…along with “everything in moderation,” the other part of the writing over the Temple of Delphi reads “know thyself.”
oh….I’m a whirlwind. thats…about all I know.
I am proud of you…for persevering, and accepting direction..even though you hated it with a purple passion. I honor that you did your best to comply with my requests. Now…when the fuck are we going to talk about all of this?…last time we talked you were all tweaked and worried that I was going to reject you due to Dan’s being involved in some drama, and I haven’t heard a peep from you since then except this journal! Were you aware of that? Anyway…when you get around to it…give me a buzz…not a hashing out..just an overview and an “affirmation”…smile
Thanks dear Jane 🙂 I….think *my brain* arrrrghhhhhh